Saturday, June 4, 2022

Chai Therapy - Epilogue


Note: This is continuation from Chapter-3.


The Fairy Godmother Tea made me realize that I had been the thirstiest. It quenched a unique thirst and initiated a revolution within me. A revolution that was much easier said than it was done.

But the key was to start with baby steps. One of the first things I realized was that my Driver’s License had expired to the extent that it was getting impossible to prove who I was. I had ignored it long enough, focusing on the sadness in my life. I got it renewed and celebrated the small win by sharing a glass of wine with Fairy Godmother. And apparently, that was the last time she had walked the halls of my condo unit.

The Fairy Godmother is now back into the living room mirror, sitting in her comfortable rocking chair, sipping wine. I am back to my usual routine of morning jogs and evening racquetball, participating in tournaments over the weekends.

At times, I’m also hosting parties, inviting friends, Nicole and Nick. However, there is no trauma anymore. We meet, we greet and we can co-exist in a civilized manner.

The Fairy Godmother was right, he didn’t have to apologize for me to forgive him & move on with my happiness. I had it inside of me all along and will always have.

No comments: